Like ovarian and breast cancer in women, prostrate cancer is a threatening concern for all men what with all the pollution we are surrounded by and unhealthy lifestyle that we tend be involved in our everyday lives.
Though prevention cannot be guaranteed, you can considerably reduce your risk of suffering from prostrate cancer by including some cancer preventing foods in your regular diet plan. Want to know what they are? Read on!
5 Foods that could help you prevent Prostrate Cancer
• All things Red- The bright red colour in foods such as watermelon and tomatoes owe their vibrancy to the antioxidant lycopene which can be used to reduce the risk of prostrate cancer.
• The Fish Feast- The Omega 3 fatty acid contained in fishes such as tuna, sardines, trout, mackerel and salmon contributes to a low fat diet which prevents the cancer from spreading.
• Isoflavones what?- Some research studies conducted in the field of prostrate cancer have established the food rich in the nutrients isoflavones like lentils, peanuts, chickpeas and soyabean can be used a preventive measure against cancer.
• Fruity and Veggie Fun- The nutrients and the vitamins that are present in fruits and vegetables help in your fight against the carcinogens.
• Enjoy your tea time- It seems that there’s one more reason that you should be sipping on your cup of steaming green tea. Don’t like it? Green tea supplements will do fine!