A healthy relationship is based on respect and equality. No partner should consider himself better than the other one.
Sometimes, we need to change and be prepared in order to provide a respectful environment for our relationship. But how can one do that?
• First of all, know your strengths and weaknesses and establish what traits should your partner have. Traits that you appreciate like loyalty, respect, trust, honesty, intelligence, humor, and other. It will be easier for both of you to develop a relationship when you have the same interests.
• Also, if you are trying hard for the relationship to work, but it’s not, don’t force it. Let it go. A relationship should work smooth, without any partner to push it. Wait until you find your perfect match and then try again.
• Respect yourself and don’t let your partner disrespect you. Also, a relationship is about compromises. If both of you have found the middle line regarding this matter, then you’ll be just fine.
• If a relationship doesn’t work, both of the partners are to blame. Don’t allow yourself for being mistreated or abused. A healthy relationship is all about joy and happiness between the two. If you receive an inappropriate behaviour, it’s about time to end this relationship.
• Don’t seek in your partner your other half. You’re a whole individual, and your partner just enhances who you are.
One should invest a lot of forces and time into a relationship, but it’s worth it. The results are magical.