Super-foods are defined as a nutrient rich food that is beneficial for well being and even aids in certain medical conditions. Super-foods are also incredible in helping build up muscles.
Some of the most effective super-foods for muscle mass:
• Eggs: While the egg-whites are rich in protein with all the nine indispensable amino acids, the egg yolks are rich in vitamins E, A, K, vitamin B12, folic acid and riboflavin, extremely helpful in converting fat into energy.
• Salmon: All fishes are rich in protein, however salmon, is rich in magnesium, selenium, iron, calcium, ‘B’ vitamins, omega-3 aiding muscle build-up.
• Chicken-breast: Loaded with muscle-friendly nutrients like vitaminB6, zinc, iron, selenium and lean protein, it not only helps in muscle development but also in repairing damaged muscle tissues and cells
• Quinoa: It has all the essential amino acids along with vitamin E, iron, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, riboflavin, fibre, folic acid and beta-carotene along with ecdysteroids which reduce fat and build muscles.
• Maca: A plant native to the Andes of Peru, is rich in amino acids, phyto-nutrients and a variety of vitamins and minerals, making it a great source of adaptanogen helping the body cope with stress.
• Milk: Having two high quality proteins whey and caisin along with vitamins, minerals and good carbohydrates, giving the body even the fats required to build the muscles.
• Legumes: Rich in complex carbohydrates and proteins, legumes as lima beans, chickpeas etc provide 15% of your daily iron value.